Whether you are missing one or several teeth, dental implants can restore beauty, health, and function to the natural smile. A dental implant is designed to replicate the natural tooth root while providing added stability used to support a dental crown, denture, or dental bridge.
Advanced Dental Health is a full-service dental facility proudly serving patients in the Baltimore County and surrounding areas. Dr. Ashley Izadi and Dr. Roham Rafat offer a full range of dental implants services for patients missing teeth. Dr. Rafat is one of the leading restorative dentists and periodontists in Baltimore MD. He performs all phases of the implant procedure in the comfort of our dental office.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed int the jaw bone. Widely known as one of the most successful tooth replacement options, dental implants can be used to support a dental crown, denture, or bridge. Many patients opt for dental implants because they provide a natural looking, long-lasting solution for their missing teeth.
- The Post: This part of the implant is surgically attached into your jaw bone, just below the gum line. This biocompatible titanium screw fuses into the jaw bone in a process called osseointegration. Implants usually need 3-6 months to fuse fully.
- The Abutment: An abutment, known as the connector between the post and final restoration, is attached after the implants integrate into the bone.
- The Restoration: The final restoration is dependent on the number of missing teeth and their location. Once the abutment is pit into place, a dental crown, denture, or dental bridge is0 placed.
Baltimore restorative dentist Dr. Rafat will oversee all aspects of your dental implant care to ensure optimal, high-quality results. Under the care of a trained implant dentist, you can expect precise treatment planning, proper placement, and expertly crafted restorations to restore beauty and function to your smile. We use state of the art digital dental technology for the planning and placement of all implant procedures to produce predictable, accurate results.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer numerous benefits over other traditional methods of tooth replacement, such as dentures and partials. Since implants replace the root of the tooth and do not compromise the health of the neighboring teeth, they are the ideal solution for patients missing one or several teeth. They are also designed to stimulate the jaw bone, which helps promote bone regeneration in the jaw. When a tooth is lost, patients may experience bone density loss, and dental implants are the only tooth replacement to help combat its effects.
Dental implants also offer these key benefits:
- Beauty: Implants and their restorations are customs designed to meet the needs of each patient. We only use the highest grade of dental material to produce natural looking, durable results.
- Durability: Since implants replace the tooth root, they are able to withstand the biting force just like natural teeth, as well as encourage bone regeneration in the jaw.
- Comfort: They fit securely in the mouth and look and function like the natural teeth.
Am I A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
To determine if you are an ideal candidate, you will need to undergo a full evaluation. Dr. Rafat will assess the condition of your teeth, gums, and jaw and recommend the most appropriate solution for your dental health.
In order to be an ideal candidate for implants, these conditions should be met:
- Patients should have an adequate amount of healthy bone structure to support a dental implant
- Be in good overall health
- Have healthy gum tissue
Due to advancement in dentistry, patients who were not considered ideal candidates for dental implants can now receive the procedure. Patients may be able to undergo bone grafting or sinus grafting procedure to receive implants; this is determined on a case by case basis, so our team can work with you to recommend the right course of action for your smile.
Dental Implant FAQs
What can I eat after dental implants?
In the first 24 hours, stick to solely soft foods. In the coming weeks, we recommend that you avoid hard, crunchy, or sticky foods as well. Even with soft foods, try to avoid chewing on the specific area where the implant was placed. It’s crucial that they heal correctly and that problems aren’t caused with the healing process.
Can you tell if someone has dental implants?
Unless someone is very close and looking for it, it’s not likely that anyone will be able to tell that you have dental implants. The actual implant part is under the gums and in the jawbone. The restoration used to finish the implant process is designed to look and function like a natural tooth or teeth.
What’s the success rate for dental implants?
One of the reasons implants are so highly recommended is that they have a high success rate. It’s approximately 95-97%. For many patients, dental implants are the best solution to replace missing teeth.
Full-Service Dental Implants in Baltimore, MD
If you are searching for implant dentistry in Baltimore County, visit our team at Advanced Dental Health. Dr. Rafat has advanced training in implant dentistry and offers a full range of dental services to address your tooth replacement needs. To learn more about how implants can benefit you, schedule a consultation with our team today. To schedule an appointment, call (410) 656-2278 or request an appointment online.