TMJ treatment is designed to alleviate painful or uncomfortable symptoms that are typically associated with TMJ disorder. The temporomandibular joint (TMJ) is essential to chewing and speaking comfortably. When this joint is damaged, a patient may experience a variety of symptoms that can affect their quality of life.
Although there is no singular cause for TMJ disorder, patients can develop this for a number of different reasons. Factors like trauma, injury, or teeth grinding can affect your risk of developing TMJ disorder. Undergoing the appropriate testing can help your dentist determine the underlying cause and create a treatment plan based on your needs.
Advanced Dental Health in Hunt Valley MD, provides comprehensive evaluations and testing for those dealing with a TMJ disorder. If you are experienced any signs of this disorder, it is imperative that you schedule a consultation. Baltimore restorative dentist Dr. Ashley Izadi works with patients one-on-one to understand their needs and create a solution that is right for them.
Sign of a TMJ Disorder
Do you wake up with headaches? Are you experiencing facial pain or tension?
These are all indication of TMJ disorder. However, it is necessary to undergo the appropriate testing to rule out any other issues. During your evaluation, it is important to disclose any symptoms you may be experiencing so we can build a comprehensive plan to restore function and health to your jaw joint.
- Reoccurring headaches
- Difficulty chewing or moving the jaw
- Worn or damaged teeth
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Teeth grinding and jaw clenching
- Feelings of tension or pain in the face, neck, shoulders, and upper back
The purpose of treatment is to ease your symptoms, prevent further damage, and repair existing damage. As highly trained restorative dentists, Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat take the time to evaluate dental health, understand your symptoms and concerns and build a comprehensive treatment plan based on your needs.
At Advanced Dental Health we offer a full range of solutions to address TMJ disorder. Based on your individual needs, we may recommend one or more of the following treatments.
- Mouthguard / Night guards: For patients who grind their teeth, it is important to give them an extra layer of protection to stop teeth grinding and prevent further damage to the teeth. A custom designed mouthguard / night guard is the ideal solution to address tooth grinding and teeth clenching.
- Restorative Dentistry: If your teeth have sustained damage, restorative dentistry treatments are an ideal way to restore function, beauty, and health to your smile. We offer a full range of dental implants services for patients who lose teeth as a result of advanced TMJ disorder.
- Orthodontics: If crooked teeth or malocclusion have contributed to TMJ disorder, seek treatment to realign your smile before more issues arise. We offer Invisalign treatment to help realign a crooked or misaligned smile.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are experiencing symptoms of TMJ disorder, visit our team at Advanced Dental Health for a consultation. Our team can asses your current condition and recommend the most effective treatment for your dental needs. To schedule an appointment, call (410) 656-2278 or request an appointment online.