An expertly crafted denture is designed to fit comfortably and naturally in the mouth. Dentures can be a viable solution for patients missing the top, bottom, or both arches of teeth. For a complete solution for lost teeth, we often recommend an implant-secured denture. This type of restoration can help patients regain their self-confidence while providing a stable, long-lasting solution to missing teeth.
At Advanced Dental Health, Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat incorporate state-of-the-art digital technology and high-quality materials to create natural-looking, beautiful dentures. Whether you are in need of a full denture, partial denture, same-day denture, or implant-secured denture, we can work with you to design and place a restoration that is tailored specifically to your needs.
Choosing Implant-Secured Dentures For Missing Teeth
Implant-secured dentures provide several benefits over conventional methods of tooth replacement. For a more durable, convenient solution to lost teeth, most dentists recommend implant-supported dentures. They offer a wide range of benefits for patients seeking tooth replacement.
- No slippage
- Improved speech
- No dietary restrictions
- Prevents bone deterioration in the jaw
- Limits the appearance of facial sagging due to tooth loss
Dr. Rafat is one of the leading periodontists in Baltimore County. As a highly skilled and trained dentist, Dr. Rafat offers complete implant dentistry services at Advanced Dental Health. If you are in need of an implant-secured denture, we can perform all phases of the dental implant procedure in-house, from surgical placement to the final restorations.
The Right Type Denture For Your Smile
The type of denture you receive will depend on a variety of factors. As highly trained and experienced restorative dentists, Dr. Izadi and Dr. Rafat will evaluate your smile and determine which type of denture is right for you. Whenever appropriate, we will recommend implant-secured dentures because they offer patients a more natural-looking solution for missing teeth.
The goal of denture treatment is to provide a solution that is beautiful, comfortable, and properly fitted. If you are currently wearing a denture that is uncomfortable, causes difficulties when speaking, or routinely slips, our team at Advanced Dental Health can help. We aim to create restorations that are right for your unique smile.
Types of Dentures:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are designed to replace both the upper and lower arches of teeth. A full denture is either traditional or supported by dental implants (implant-secured denture).
- Same-day Dentures: For patients who need all of their natural remaining teeth extracted, same day dentures may be a viable option to restore their smile. These are typically worn to help heal the gum tissue after an extraction.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are a removable restoration used to replace several missing teeth. This type of denture is usually affixed to a gum-colored base that is attached to the natural teeth.
- Implant-Secured Dentures: Dental implants are tiny titanium posts that are placed into the jaw bone and can be used to support a full or partial denture. If you have dealt with slippage in the past, implant secured dentures can give you the support that you’ve been seeking. Implant dentures look and function like natural teeth, and have several advantages over traditional methods of tooth replacement.
Are dentures and partial dentures permanent?
Most types of dentures are removable, but they can be permanently fixed using dental implants. Implant-secured dentures are permanent because they are anchored to your jawbone. This is the only type of denture you do not have to buy extra products for and does not require special maintenance.
Can partial dentures be color-matched to my existing teeth?
Yes. We can color-match your partial denture to your natural teeth for a seamless and unnoticeable fit. Modern denture procedures offer the customization needed to make the denture as natural as possible.
Can I get my old denture whitened?
Old dentures can not be whitened with traditional dental procedures or teeth whitening products. This also goes for any other restoration that is made from synthetic materials like porcelain, composite resin, gold, and others.
Schedule A Denture Consultation Today
If you are seeking a highly trained restorative dentist in Baltimore County, visit our team at Advanced Dental Health. We are a practice committed to providing patients with unmatched dental experienced, and restorative dental treatments tailored to their needs. Visit us to receive a restorative consultation and find the right solution for your missing teeth. To schedule an appointment, call (410) 656-2278 or request an appointment online.